Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our Little Gymnast

Lilee has started taking Gymnastics & it was slow going, but she has warmed up to it. The first day the people let us try it for free to even see if she would do it, well, we walked in & she immediately started SCREAMING & crying "I don't want to" over & over again. Mind you all the while I am right there with her, she isn't alone because this is a parents participation class. ANYWAY...she then says she has to go potty, so out we go & she instantly stops crying & she is all smiles again. So, I told her this is something we are going to try & if she doesn't like it we can stop. So, when we went back in she STILL didn't want to do the stretching exercises so I just let her whine & roll all around the mat. Then it was time for the trampoline & she was VERY unsure, but the other girls where having so much fun. Being the big girl she is she climbed up there & started jumping like a cricket & she hasn't looked back! It has been three weeks of class & she LOVES her class & she can't wait for Tuesday's to come so she can go to "Nastics" So, needless to say.......we signed her up for the class :D
Waiting her turn to jump

This isn't a great picture, but for some reason I like it. I think it is her hair

She picked a star for her teacher to draw her. That shows her where to stay on the trampoline

Look Mom, no hands!

I think I can...I think I can

Just a little help from the teacher (ps...no Lilee's where harmed in the taking of this photo)

She finally has the hang of the balance beam!

Hanging on for dear life! The look on her face is PRICELESS!

She really isn't sure of the bar because for 1. her little hands don't go all the way around it yet or 1/2 way for that matter & 2. After you are done "swinging" on the bar, you drop into the foam pit & Lilee isn't very sure of that yet. I told her teacher though that I would rather her do it than her be terrified of it forever. So, just like on the trampoline her teacher "helps" her into the foam pit. I know I'm soooooo mean :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilee is a little gymnast, and oh so cute! Hana was also unsure at first, but now it is one of her favorite classes. We just started the new session, only this time she has to do it without me. She's not a fan of this new class yet, but I'm sure that she'll get the hang of it soon (plus, I can relax for 45 minutes or so!). :-)

Anonymous said...

She looks so grown up! She will have lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Yea Lilee! She's being so brave...and she is going to love gymnastics, it's Leah's favorite thing to do and looks forward to it every week...are you going to playgroup this week?

;)

Melissa

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.