Monday, June 16, 2008


I'm going to take a moment on here to post about something other than the Princess we call Lilee....


On Thursday we lost our sweet baby girl Brosia, it is with such a heavy heart and through tears that I am posting this. She was our first baby.

A little back story.......When we moved into our first home we had just started our long road with infertility so both Chuck & I decided to get a dog. We both wanted a Lab because they were good family dogs & we had researched them & we knew this is what we wanted. BUT, little did we know there was another plan for us. I work in Classified Sales so a guy walked in with this puppy saying that he wanted to place an ad for his puppies that he had for sale. Right when I saw the puppy I KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT that she was MY puppy. But, she wasn't a Lab. She was the most beautiful red Siberian Husky with THE most piercing blue eyes. I didn't know a thing about Huskies, I just knew she was mine! I told the guy that we were looking for a puppy, but I would have to talk with my husband. That night we talked & researched & decided to get her. I called the guy & he said that he actually had a couple that wanted her, but he saved her for me because he also KNEW she was my dog!!

Brosia was the smartest most gentle dog that I have ever known. She gave the best kisses & even hugs. I miss her terribly.....WE miss her terribly. She was loved by a lot of people. I know it has only been 4 1/2 days since she hasn't been here, but I miss her so! Everything reminds me of her. Another hard part is Lilee wondering were Brosia is. I'm sort of glad that she is a little too young to understand that she isn't coming back, but she misses her too. Chuck & I are pretty sure she thought Brosia was her sister because the odd thing is she is TERRIFIED of other dogs, big or small, but not Brosia they played all day long, their favorite game was hide and seek & it was the BEST thing to watch!







This picture is of the second day we were home from China


A Princess & her dog....










We lost her so quickly & we weren't prepared, but are you ever really prepared? Lilee & I were playing ball with her inside & she was running & prancing around & the next minute she wasn't, the Vet later told us it was an anuersym & she died very quickly. It doesn't make it easier.

We love you sweet girl & we miss you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amanda...my heart breaks for you all. I want so badly to give you a much needed hug.

I am so so sorry for the tragic loss of such a wonderful and beautiful dog and friend. You & Lilee will be in our prayers. We love you all.

Colleen said...

I am so so so sorry. I just don't even have the words. I KNOW how bad this hurts, and I won't tell you it gets easier. Its been almost a year since we lost Copper and my heart still aches every day for him. Your sweet dog will be a part of your life always. Keep your memories alive. Sending you big giant hugs.

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I know how much Brosia ment to you and your family and the heart ache you are feeling is intense but please know that she knew she was loved and you and Chuck were the best "Dog Parents" any dog could have asked for. Brosia will always be with you and the memories you have together will last forever. ~BIG HUGS~

tonyap said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Alot of people don't understand that your pet is more that a pet, they are family to you. I will pray for you all and I hope Lilee is doing ok.

Shayla's Mom said...

I'm so sorry about Brosia. I know what it's like to lose a member of the family like that.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

im sooo sorry about brosia. i hope things get better.

Marla said...

We are so sorry for you lose. If all beautiful dogs go to heaven then i know she is up there right know smiling down on you. You are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through; you, Chuck, and Lilee are in my thoughts. My deepest condolences.

Sarah Fellows said...

Brosia has been a part of our family and we will always have wonderful memories of Jedi's first (and only) friend. She was such a good friend and playmate for Lilee. Her excitement for life and for the people she loved was so contagious. I'm glad we had the chance to know her - and we know that her spirit will always be here.

Heather said...

Oh Amanda I am so sorry to hear about sweet Brosia's passing. How terrible and sad for all of you. I know what you mean about everything reminding you of her--it's difficult when you hear and see things and contribute it to her normal behavior and then remember she's not there. Big hugs for you and your family.

with lots of love,
Heather and Libby

Leslie said...

I'm truly sorry Amanda. She was a precious and beautiful dog. I hope your heart is feeling less heavy these days. Hang in there.